Let me see if this has happened to you. You bought a cute shirt or dress, get up the next morning ready to wear it and you realize, the garment can’t stand alone.
Here are some potential reasons why:
- Fabric is too thin. Your bra lines are going to show through.
- The fabric is too see-through. Whether you’re wearing a white shirt or the cloth shows skin or undergarment color you aren’t comfortable just wearing the top shirt.
- The garment is going to instantly show sweat or sweat stains.
- The neckline is low, or when you bend over you expose skin from your neck to your belly!
I have definitely had these issues and usually a tank top or cami has been a quick fix, but then I have tank top lines to replace bra lines, I can’t save my white button down shirt from sweat stains, the tank has to be tucked in or it comes out the bottom of the shirt, not to mention, it’s too hot to wear a tank top under a shirt in the summer!
SO, when I was at DownEast I found a white, but thin shirt that I loved. I needed something under it when I tried it on, and here’s what I found! The Demi Tee.
The Half Tee
The Demi Tee from DownEast is made from 95% cotton and 5 % spandex. I love how super thin, light, and breathable it is, yet offers great coverage at the same time. This half tee can also be ordered in black, or nude, and they occasionally have colorful options too! At just over 10.00, this is an easy yes. And for my Amazon shoppers, I found one for you here , for less than 10.00! I have worn mine at least once a week since I bought it last month.
What are the Benefits of a Half Tee?
- Creates layers without the bulk
- Protects white shirts from arm pit stains
- Makes layering cooler during the summer
- Reduces lines under clothing from bras or tank tops
- Makes strappy tank top and dresses more versatile
Whether it’s modesty, comfortability, or clothing durability this simple wardrobe addition is a great piece to add in at around 10.00!
This post is not sponsored by DownEast, we just love their stuff. However if you do purchase from amazon, we may receive commission from that purchase.