I love all things citrus. Lemonade in my glass, lime in my guacamole, and now orange in my chocolate chip cookies!
This recipe first came into my life 10 years ago from California. Today it’s been modified and perfected to this current recipe. I love the oatmeal chewiness, and the refreshing slightly orange taste. Not only will you need a glass of milk, you’ll also need a zester. If you don’t already own one, this little ditty is amazing, and so easy to clean.
Let’s get on with the recipe! Happy Cookie Baking!
- 1/2 C Old-Fashioned Oats
- 2 1/4 C All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- orange zest from 1 orange
- 1 C unsalted butter, room temp.
- 1 C packed brown sugar
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 1/4 t orange extract
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper, and preheat oven to 325.
- Using a mixer beat the butter and sugars until fluffy. Add in eggs, vanilla and orange extract.
- In a bowl, mix oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and orange rind. Add to the butter mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- For each cookie, drop 1 Tablespoon of dough on to parchment paper and do not flatten. Bake 15 minutes or until golden. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.