In a Fashion Rut? See how many of the 9 things you follow?
- Wardrobe Basic Must Haves: white and black/charcoal t-shirts, crisp white blouse.
- Boot Cut/ straight leg jeans are OFTEN a better option than skinny jeans.
- Only buy items that you LOVE!!! Walk away from the item that is just on sale if you don’t really like it all that much. You will save money in the long run as you buy the sale item several times over trying to get that item you LOVE!
- Fashion Formula=Basic or Neutral, (jeans)+ Interest, (color/pattern/ texture) + Completer, (cardigan) + Polish off with Accessories (jewelry or shoes). A statement Necklace or Jewelry can become the completer)
- Organize your closet by the formula and take inventory of what you have and need!
- Lipstick! And a lighter shade make you look younger (avoid a Nude color- it’s just makes you look like a zombie)
- Beware of Capri Length. They cut the length in your leg making you look shorter! If too long or too short. Look up body shape to help find out what is best for you! Add heals or flats to see how that affects the look.
- Bag/Purse! Can add so many looks and can instantly add updating to your look! Even diaper bag options have improved Moms!!!! Choose a color that isn’t a normal in your wardrobe to accent and make a statement!
- Denim Jacket/Blazer/ Cardigan as a completer. You can have several styles and multiple colors. A fitted one with ¾ length sleeves are the best as they make your arms appear skinnier and draws eyes to bracelets on the smallest part of your body!!
- Invest in a Style Book. This helps you zero in on learning how to dress your specific body type. “Dress Your Best” by Clinton Kelly and Stacy London or “Good Girls don’t have to Dress Bad” by Shari Braendel. “How Not to Look Old” by Charla Krurp
It’f fun to mix things up again all while keeping to the things that work best too!!!
We get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.